Tuesday 3 November 2009

An appreciation of the new Director

The following piece is being circulated on a number of e-lists. It was sent to me and it offers an interesting and positive appreciation of the new director:

Hi All,

Just to inform you that it has now been officially announced by the National Railway Museum at York, here in England, that Steve Davies MBE, currently the director of the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester, has been appointed the new Director of the NRM and will take up his position sometime in the New Year.

I believe that Steve in just 1 year, turned the slumbering giant that was MOSI, into a get up and go exciting museum to visit, and this was certainly proved by the success of the Great Garratt Gathering, the biggest event ever staged at MOSI, since it opened on that site in 1980.

I also know that from my brief time of knowing Steve and his love of railways, that he will certainly breathe new and exciting life into the NRM, whilst I am sure maintaining its core railway values.

I would like to congratulate Steve and wish him every success at the NRM

Graham Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment